Monday, July 6, 2015

MTC: one month and going strong!


Yes, I'm behind on my blogging for Savannah.  So here is a compilation of thoughts and pictures from her in the last 5 weeks... Earliest to latest.  (edited)

June 9th - First week

So much has happened this past week I don't know how I'm going to say it all, but I'll do my best.  First, the MTC was very welcoming, and Sister Budge (our neighbor) was there to greet me!

Our days consist of three class blocks, gym time, meal time, and some time to prepare for the day/activities/bed. One of the blocks is for studying, another to be taught, and the other to teach our investigator(s) (role play for now) 

I have recognized many blessings in my life since I have entered the MTC. For example, just as I thought, I would have no time at all to draw except maybe on P-day and accepted the fact I was blessed with a short time between gym and dinner in which I can draw. I feel so happy and thankful that the Lord has blessed me with time to continue practicing my talents.

My companion, Hermana Perez is very kind and very understanding. She is a great listener.

I feel that I've learned so much in these few days with the language, and there is no way I could have learned so much in so little time without the aid of God. At times it's a little overwhelming, but with the aid of my companion, my teachers, my Branch President, and the spirit I've been making it through alright.
 
I'm hoping that you will write letters to me as well via mail, I really enjoy receiving them, and we can read them the day they come and I can reply faster as well. It makes me really happy when I get mail!

The days kind of blur together here but there spirit is here and it is great. 
I love you!  -Hermana Neal  

June 16th - Second week

Hola! Again from Hermana Neal 
There are so many birds here it's crazy! But it is so awesome! So much cuteness, and they're totally not afraid of humans, so I get to see them up close.  (Savannah has a thing for birds)

(my district doing the dork 'model' shot)

It's been mostly good since last P-day, I find myself completely burnt out by Sunday, but by Monday I feel renewed again, Sunday has that effect here. 
I'm really picking up on the language, I think I know more than Japanese now, which is not really surprising.

Our latest teacher, Hermano Barfuss will not speak any English, and a part of me wants to hear him speak English, just to hear him speak English. He started out as a Role Play investigator named Jorge so it's really weird to see him teach us.  When he walked into the classroom in a suit, tie, and teaching badge Elder Tannyhill remarked: "we you got converted fast" we were all thinking that too. We teach role play investigators many times a week, our current investigators are Jamie and Israel (who is also going to be played by Hermano Barfuss).

This Wednesday we got 600 new missionaries, it is insane, we are filled to the brim, the cafeteria at Dinner is a nightmare, you don't want to be late for that. But I'm going to be hosting for the missionaries this Wednesday so that should be neat.
Love you mum! ~ Hermana Savannah Neal

June 23rd - Happy Father's Day!

I'm halfway through the time in the MTC! Time flies when you're having fun, as of tomorrow I will be on the fourth week of my mission, woah, it's nearly been a month! It is crazy has fast time flies. Seriously, what happened!?

I am constantly tired, which I think just comes with missionary work but still, it's hard, I really want to be here but at the same time I really miss my comfy bed at home.

Tomorrow I'm hosting for the new missionaries, it's going to be crazy, 600+ missionaries again. Also, the first presidency and the twelve apostles are coming to the MTC to train the new Mission Presidents, so this week is a big week. 

Brother Uibel (from our Ward) was in charge of the MTC training and I got to see him a few times this week!


(We had to eat in the hall because the cafeteria was being used for training.)













(here's a video for Father's day)
Happy happy (late by a day) Fathers day to Dad! ~  Hermana Savannah Neal



June 30th - Espanol!

(this was a surprise text/photo I got on Sunday)

Gracias por mucho e-mails, you soy muy agracido por usted Madre c:

I was very happy to see Brother Uible that day c: it was very nice, they were getting ready for the new mission president seminar. Speaking of, I got to see Elder Eyering get into a car XD that was cool, never seen an apostle in real life before then so I was happy c: 

I have exactly 2 weeks left before I leave for Anaheim, remember I'll be able to call you on the 14th when I leave for Anaheim, so keep your phone near by :D 

I would like to bear a quick testimony in Español, I´ve gotten pretty good at it, I can say a lot without referring, it´s really those in between things.

Yo se que el Evangelio de JesuCristo es verdad. Yo amo el espiritu de Dios mucho. El Espiritu Santo is real y ayudará usted todos día de su vida. Yo siento el espiritu todos tiempo y soy muy agracido por el. El Libro de Mormón es mí favorito libro, y a medio del leo el Libro de Mormón tengo mas revalación para me y missionaros yo saber. Yo agracido por la oprotunidad estar una missionara. Yo amo mucho JesuCristo y Dios, Yo amoré JesuCristo y Dios por eternidad. ¡Estoy missionara por la Inglecia de JesuCristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días y es muybien! El amor de Dios is muy fuerte para nosotros por eternidad. Yo tengo gozo estar missionara. En el Nombre de JesuCristo, Amen.

¿Como es mí Español? Broken I know. Pero, es bien.

I love you madre!  ~ Hermana Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment